It’s important to protect your information against unknown logins and suspicious activity. We do our best to keep your account safe but here are a couple of additional actions you can take to secure it.
Enable two-factor authentication
Turn on two-factor authentication to use your phone and your password for extra security.
Use a strong password
- Use numbers and symbols to make your password stronger
- Use a unique password for your Pinterest account
- Keep your password secret – we'll never ask for your password by email, instant message or phone
Find out how to change your password.
Watch where you log in
- Only enter your password on pinterest.com or on the official Pinterest, Inc. app – remember, our app is always free
- Check the address bar in your browser to make sure it ends in pinterest.com and not pinterest.somethingelse.com
- If you're not sure whether you should log in, go to pinterest.com to be safe
- Never answer suspicious requests for personal information and be cautious about any deals that seem too good to be true
Protect your devices
- Make sure your computer and browser are up to date with the most recent updates and anti-virus software. Check if your browser is up to date.
- Only install browser add-ins and plug-ins from publishers you trust.
- Don't open attachments or install software from an email that claims to be from Pinterest.