Bulk Editor helps you create and edit multiple ad campaigns, ad groups and ads in one go. We've gathered some tips here to help answer the most frequently asked questions. If you’re experiencing trouble with error messages, check out our article on how to resolve errors in Bulk Editor.
Bulk sheet formatting
Note that the CSV file can only be downloaded in English, and the uploaded values must be in English as well; we cannot accept other languages at this time.
- Rows 1 and 2 in every bulk sheet are reference rows that include a description of the columns, as well as eligible parameters and special formatting required for each entry. Do not edit these rows.
- When you download the bulk editor sheet, save your Excel file as a CSV UTF-8 file to ensure that all values in the template are properly formatted.
- Every row must have an ‘Action’ entered in column A. If there is no action specified, we will ignore the row.
- Enter campaign dates with brackets as [YYYY-MM-DD] to prevent the date from being reformatted.
- In the new version of the bulk editor, you can remove the values for spend caps and ad group end dates by replacing the existing values with "CLEAR".
- When creating new objects, set their statuses to Active if you're ready for them to go live. Bear in mind that your ads will still go through ad review.
- To create multiple Pins in a campaign, copy and paste the same campaign and ad group info for all of the Pins within that campaign.
- Budgets and bids will run in your account currency – if your business is in the US, you will be charged in USD.
To add new keywords, add a row for each keyword and add “Create” as the action in column A.
You can assign keyword-level bids. If this is left blank, we’ll use the bid set at the ad group level. Other targeting details, such as interests, devices and genders, are still defined at the ad group level.
If you're adding keywords to an existing ad group, make sure you specify the ad group ID.
For any comma-separated lists (e.g. interests, keywords, locations), please enclose your lists with brackets. For example, interests: [exotic pets,insects,mammals,cute animals] or locations: [662,525,124522,826047]
See all of the targeting codes you can use:
Other articlesSkip Other articles Links
- Create and edit ads with Bulk Editor
- Create and edit ads with Ads Manager
- About ads