Claim your website to get access to website analytics and let people know where they can find more of your content. Your profile picture will be shown next to any Pins that come from your site, and a globe icon will appear next to your website URL on your profile.
To claim your website, you’ll need to add a meta tag or upload an HTML file to your website’s HTML code. You can claim one website on your profile and a website can only be claimed by one Pinterest account.
Before you begin
You or your business must own the second-level domain (example.com) or a subdomain (ads.example.com). Unless the subdomain routes to the same place as the second-level domain (if www.example.com is the same as example.com), it will be treated as a separate domain in our system.
Add a meta tag to your website
- Log in to Pinterest from a web browser and click the down arrow in the top-right corner to open your menu
- Select Settings
- Click Claim in the left-side navigation
- Under Claim your website, enter your website URL and click Claim
- Select Add HTML tag
- Copy the tag and click Next
- Go to the index.html file of your website and add the tag to the <head> section before the <body> section
- Go back to Pinterest and click Submit
Upload an HTML file to your website
- Log in to Pinterest from a web browser and click on the down arrow in the top-right corner to open your menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click Claim in the left-side navigation.
- Under Claim your website, enter your website URL and click Claim.
- Select Upload HTML file.
- Click Download then click Next.
- Upload the HTML file to your web server at the root folder. If you upload to a subfolder, we won’t be able to access it.
- Go back to Pinterest and click Submit.
After you click Submit, we’ll automatically check for the meta tag and claim your website. Once your site has been claimed, you can remove the HTML tag or file. Only making changes to your website in your Pinterest settings will remove the claim.
Instructions for popular website hosts
Other articlesSkip Other articles Links
- Set up your business profile
- Edit your business profile
- Become an advertiser