|Collections ads can only be created on desktop and targeted to people on the Pinterest mobile app. Video and GIFs are not supported. Dynamic retargeting is not available for collections ads at the current time.|
A collections ad is an ad format that appears as a combination of one large hero image followed by three smaller secondary images. The main image is known as the hero creative and the smaller secondary images are known as the secondary creatives. Collections ads appear in the Pinterest mobile feed.
Once someone taps into a collections ad, they’ll be taken to a full-screen experience where they can see the hero creative up close and up to 24 secondary creatives.
Create a collections Pin
- From your desktop, click the red plus icon in the top right-hand corner, then click Create Pin
- To upload your hero creative, click the up arrow then select an image from your computer, or drag and drop an image into the uploader
- Click the tag icon in the left-hand menu to add secondary creatives
- Click the plus circle icon
- Select whether you want to add an existing Pin, enter a URL or select a product ID from your catalogue
- Your Pins: search by Pin title or description
- URL: enter a landing page for a product
- Catalogue: enter an exact match of an uploaded product ID using lowercase letters
- Repeat step five until you have 3 or more secondary Pins or products, then click Save products
- Click Done
- Select a board for your Pin, add a title, description and link, then click Publish
Create a collections ad
You can create a collections ad by promoting a collections Pin through Ads Manager, Bulk Editor or selected API partners.
Note: If your API partner doesn’t have a collections ads integration yet, please contact them directly.
More about collections ads
Learn how people interact with collections ads, see how secondary creatives work, and get collections ads-specific creative specs and metrics.
Other articlesSkip Other articles Links
- Create and edit ads with Bulk Editor
- Create and edit ads with Ads Manager
- About ads