A carousel is a Pin with multiple images. Carousels are a great way to showcase different features of a product, advertise multiple products at the same time or tell your brand story in chapters.
People see the Carousel in their home feed just like any other Pin. They can swipe through the different images – called cards – directly from the feed. Or, they can tap on the Carousel and swipe through each card and its corresponding site, essentially swiping through the different landing pages. When someone saves a Carousel, they save the entire Pin including all the cards within it.
Create a carousel
Anyone with a business account who's in an ad market can create a Carousel.
- Click 'Ads' in the top left-hand corner and click Create ad.
- Choose an objective for your campaign.
- Give it a title and set a budget, or leave the field blank if you don't want to promote the carousel.
- Give your ad group a title, add the targeting details for your campaign, then set a bid if you’re promoting it.
- Click to the right of the search bar and select Carousel.
- The Pins shown in the 'All Pins' tab are eligible to use in a Carousel.
- Click Create Carousel.
- You can also choose a Carousel you've already created.
- Upload or select 2 to 5 images for your Carousel in the order you want them to appear. At this time only static images can be in a Carousel, and the aspect ratio must be either 1:1 (square) or 2:3 (vertical). Click on your image to edit the aspect ratio.
- Add a title and description; if you want each card to have different text, toggle off 'Apply Text to all,' or it'll copy the title and description to every card.
- Input a destination URL. Each card can link to the same or different web page.
- Select a board for the carousel to live in by clicking on the board.
- Click Review ad.
Note that if you do promote the Carousel, the charges for impression of the Pin will be as one entity, not per swipe. Reporting will also represent the Pin as a single one and not reflect engagement with each card.
Create a carousel with Bulk Editor
After navigating to the bulk editor, click Download sample sheet.
Enter 'CAROUSEL' as the ad format.
Click Choose images and add 2 to 5 images for your Carousel
Fill in the required Carousel-specific fields: image file name, title, description, organic Pin URL and destination URL. Don't fill in promoted Pin columns.
- Create and edit ads with Bulk Editor
- Create and edit ads with Ads Manager
- About Promoted Pins