Use location, language, device and gender targeting to show your ads to the most relevant Pinners, making sure you reach the right people at the right time.
Location targeting helps you focus your advertising on the areas where you'll find the right customers. You can target by region, county or postcode. We suggest choosing places where your customers live and where your business can serve them.
The default location used in Ads Manager is the country where your business is located. For example, US businesses will default to targeting the United States.
Your language targeting defaults to all languages, but you can select specific languages to target.
Your device targeting defaults to all devices, but you can select specific devices to target.
Your gender targeting defaults to all genders, but you can select specific genders to target. Unspecified refers to people who didn't select a gender when they signed up for Pinterest.
Add location targeting in Ads Manager
- Log into your Pinterest business account
- Click Ads at the top of the screen, then click Create ad
- Click New Ad group from the left-side navigation
- Click Targeting from the left-side navigation
- Scroll to Locations and select Pick specific locations
- Click Countries, regions, and metros to add larger geographic locations
- Click Postal codes to add specific cities and towns
- Once complete, select your Budget & Schedule, Optimization & delivery and Ads
- Review your information
- Click Launch
Add location targeting in Bulk editor
- Log into your Pinterest business account.
- Click Ads at the top of the screen, then click Bulk editor.
- Click Download sample sheet to download a sample spreadsheet.
- Fill out column AK, Geos.
- Enter the postal codes you want to add in this format: [US:94100]. Leave column AJ, Locations, blank as entering locations will cancel the postal codes you want to target.
- Once complete, click Upload template to upload your bulk editor sheet.
- Click Upload.
Ad review process
Once you launch your campaign, we’ll review it to make sure it follows our Advertising guidelines. The campaign review process can take up to 24 hours.
If your campaign targeting goes against our advertising guidelines, we’ll send you a notification in Ads Manager letting you know what needs to change so that your ad can be reviewed again for approval. Once approved, we’ll start distributing your ad.
Explore targeting on Pinterest
If you want to set up multiple different kinds of targeting on Pinterest or edit current campaign targeting, you can learn more in our targeting overview article.
Other articlesSkip Other articles Links
- Create and edit ads with Bulk Editor
- Create and edit ads with Ads Manager
- About ads