Product groups are a way to group similar Pins together. To promote your products, you have to group them into product groups.
Data source definitions you can use to filter product groups are: category (Google product category), product type, brand and custom labels.
How to create product groups
- After adding a data source, go to the 'Ads' drop-down and select Catalogues
- Select Product groups and click Create
- Filter products by selecting options under the 'Category' and 'Product type' drop-downs (you can select as many as you like in either drop-down)
- Tip: if you want to see the total number of products in each product group and when they were last updated, look in the 'Product group' tab in Catalogues
- When you're ready, give the filters a name and save the product group.
- Click to see the filters applied to the product group.
Manage your product groups
- To view selected filters applied to the product group, click
- Click to edit the product group
Product group best practices
Name your product groups based on the filters selected to easily identify the setup for that product group. For example, if you are selecting product type 'Dresses' and custom label 'Bestsellers', name your product group 'Bestselling dresses'.
Group similar products together by category first, then add custom labels and brand as needed. Make sure you create product groups using filters that will always be present in your data source. If the filters you applied to a product group are not sent in the data source, that existing product group will have a product count of 0.
Auto-created product groups
In addition to the product groups you create, Pinterest may also generate some product groups automatically as suggestions on your behalf. These product groups will say 'Auto-created for you' next to the product group name. You may feature these product groups on your business profile or promote them through Shopping Ads as you would with a manually created product group. You can also ignore these suggestions if they're not valuable or relevant to your business.
At the moment, the set of automatically created product groups is limited to the following six. Note that for each product group (except 'All products'), we limit the result set to 1,000 products. These groups are updated offline on a daily basis.
|All products||Consists of every product in your latest successful feed upload.|
|Best sellers||If you have the Conversion Tag installed, we look for the products with the highest conversion rate and create a product group made up of those specific products.|
|Back in stock||Looking at the changes to your feed from one day to the next, we determine which products were previously out of stock and are now in stock. This group consists of those products.|
|Best deals||Looking at the sales_price field and comparing it with the price field, we calculate the products with the biggest drop in price (%) and create a group based on those products.|
|New arrivals||Consists of products that are new to your catalogue.|
|Pinner favourites||These are calculated based on Pinner engagement (ads + organic) to determine which products are resonating most with Pinners.|
Feature product groups on your business profile
At the top of the product groups page in Catalogues, there is a section for featured product groups. You can select up to 8 product groups to feature on your business profile by selecting the star next to each product group name.
Other articlesSkip Other articles Links
- 1 - Get your products on Pinterest
- 2 - Ingest your data source
- 3 - Create product groups
- 4 - Promote your products
- 5 - Measure and improve shopping ads
- Shopping partner integrations
- Verified Merchant Program