You can create an ad quickly, directly from your profile without using Ads Manager or bulk editor.
Create an ad from your profile
- Log in to your Pinterest business account.
- Click your profile picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click Pins.
- Find and hover over the Pin that you want to use as an ad and click Promote in the top right-hand corner of the Pin. Only Pins that are eligible for an ad campaign will have the Promote button.
- Check the Destination URL to make sure the Pin links to the page you want to drive traffic to and add any URL parameters to your destination URL to track the source of your traffic.
- Set a Daily Budget for your ad.
- Tick the box next to Run continuously or enter a set number of days below Duration (days).
- Untick the box next to Expanded targeting if you do not want your ad to automatically target people searching topics relevant for your ad.
- Select Automatic interests, All ages, All genders or 21+ to better target your ad or untick to pick specific categories
- Click Promote to finish creating your ad.
Once you click Promote, we'll review your ad to make sure it follows our advertising guidelines. This process can take up to 24 hours.
You'll begin to see metrics for your consideration campaign in Ads Manager after your ad has been reviewed and approved. You can switch to an "hourly" view in Ads Manager to see the most recent metrics for a new campaign.
You cannot select your bid when creating an ad from your profile. The amount you pay per Pin click will be calculated automatically based on your selected keywords. In general, the more popular the keywords, the higher the bid. If you want to be able to set manual bids, create an ad campaign via Ads Manager.
Campaigns created using the Quick Promote feature will automatically default to targeting all genders, devices and locations within your country to help your ad get the most reach. If you want to refine this targeting, edit the campaign in Ads Manager.