Product Pins help you get your products in front of people on Pinterest who are already looking for ideas and things to buy. Here's how to get started:
- Get ready – Do some prep work to make sure Catalogues are a fit and you're prepared
- Ingest data source – Get your products on Pinterest (daily)
- Create product groups – Filter and organise your product Pins
- Promote product groups – Create Shopping ads to promote your product Pins
- Track, report & optimise – Measure success and make improvements
What are product Pins?
Product Pins are enriched with metadata and formatted to let people on Pinterest know that they're shoppable. They contain pricing info, availability, product title and description.
Note: In the US and UK, this info will only show up on your product Pins if your product is in stock, the price is accurate and we've updated the data in the past three days.
In some cases, your product Pins might have labels. Your Pin might read 'Best seller' if it’s one of the most purchased items within a Pinterest product category across different merchants, or it might read 'Popular' if it’s one of the most clicked product Pins within a product category on Pinterest. These labels do not refer to an individual merchant’s sales activity.
Product Pins on Pinterest come from two sources:
- Catalogues: A scaled way to upload a data source of products. Product Pins from catalogues can be added to product groups and promoted as shopping ads.
- Rich Pins: Saved to Pinterest directly from a product page on an advertiser’s website (metadata from the product page indicates the Pin is shoppable). Product Pins from Rich Pins can't be made into product groups or promoted as shopping ads. Note: Rich Pin data will only show up on your Pins if you're on our list of merchants. If you're not on the list, apply to the Verified Merchant Program.
All product Pins on Pinterest can be distributed organically, but only product Pins created using Catalogues can be promoted as Shopping ads.
See our Before you get started with Catalogs guide to see how you can get your products on Pinterest.