We want to provide you with the most interesting content when you use Pinterest. Sometimes we use information from Pinterest site features like the Save button to do this. If your settings permit, we sometimes allow certain service providers to collect and use information on Pinterest to create Personalized Ads. In each case, you can choose whether we use the information to customize Pinterest for you by going to your account settings.
Save button and site features
If you go to a site that has the Save button or a Pinterest widget, Pinterest can use info about that visit to customize your experience back on Pinterest. For example, if you recently visited a bunch of websites that sell camping gear and feature the Pinterest Save Button, we might show you Pins from the websites you visited, more Pins related to the outdoors, or Promoted Pins for hiking gear.
How it works
When you go to a Pinterest-infused site, Pinterest uses a cookie to note the visit. A cookie is just a super small file that gets auto-added to your browser.
Pinterest deletes this data after 30 days.
Turn off personalization
If you don’t want Pinterest using stuff you do off Pinterest to personalize your experience, here are some things you can do:
- Go to your account settings and turn off Personalization
- Change your browser’s Do Not Track feature to keep Pinterest and other sites from using this info
- If you don’t have an account, or don't want Pinterest using stuff you do off Pinterest to customize Pinterest when you're logged out, uncheck the box below:
Allow Pinterest to personalize my experience using sites I visit.
Please note: Pinterest uses a cookie to remember what you choose here, so if you ever clear the cookies in your browser, or you use a browser (e.g. Safari) that automatically disables cookies after a set time, you’ll need to come back and update your preferences again.
- Ads performance reporting on Pinterest
- Android permissions
- Block or unblock someone
- Brand surveys
- Do Not Track
- Edit account privacy
- iOS location permissions
- Personalization and data
- Personalized ads on Pinterest
- Pinterest and P3P
- Third-party analytics or advertising providers Pinterest uses or allows
- See more