Tips and Troubleshooting
"Please note that if you added the official Save button to your code prior to June 2016, we updated the design from "Pin it" to "Save" on October 3, 2017."
- Image hover (see it here): When somebody hovers over any image on the page, the Save button shows up. Learn how to build it
- Any image (see it here): If somebody clicks this button, they can save any image on the site. This is pretty easy to make. Learn how to build it
- One image (see it here): This is a Save button for a single image on your page, and requires more technical coding. Learn how to build it
The counter shows the number of Pins that go to the URL you specified in the button code. If that page is different than the page you're currently on, then the counter may show a different number than you'd expect.
If you're using a counter with the any image Save button, it'll show the count for all Pins that go to the URL of the page you're currently on.
If you're using a counter to the side of the button and have zero Pins for this page, then the counter won't show. Once you have at least one Pin from that page, the counter will appear.
If you're using a Save button provided by a third party plugin, get in touch with the creator of the plugin to see if they can fix the problem.
If you're using your own Save button, try these tips:
- If you're using a third party plugin, make sure it's not already adding a pinit.js line to your code. If it is, you don't need to add it yourself.
- Make sure your images are at least 100px in one dimension (height or width) and at least 200px in the other (images must be at least 120px by 120px to show the hover Save button)
- Make sure your images aren't specified in the CSS background, and make sure each image has a src attribute that starts with "img"
- Add the hover button code just above your closing tag
This means Pinterest is timing out before we can create a Pin on your site. Unfortunately, this isn't something we can fix, and usually happens when a site is slow. We recommend investigating this one on your end!