What do you think of our Help Center? Please take a quick survey.
- Promoted Pins are only available to partners in the US, CA, UK, IE, AU, & NZ at this time.
- You need a business account to use Promoted Pins. Sign up or convert your existing account to get access.
- Right now, you can only promote Pins from your profile, so make sure to add Pins and boards before you start.
- To access the Pinterest Ads Manager, visit your profile or just bookmark ads.pinterest.com.
- There's no minimum cost. The amount you pay varies on your targeting and bid, and depends on your campaign type.
When you first access Ads Manager, you will be prompted to select your country: which will determine your billing currency. This will determine your billing currency Keep in mind you won’t be able to change this later.
- United States – USD
- Canada – CAD
- United Kingdom - GBP
- Ireland - EUR
- Australia - AUD
- New Zealand - NZD
Choose a goal for your campaign
- Name your campaign
- Lifetime spend cap (optional): You can set a limit for how much a campaign is allowed to spend. This is particularly useful for advertisers who have contractual limits who want a safeguard for overspending.
- Name your ad group
- Select start and end dates
Decide whether you'd like to run your campaign continuously (which uses a daily budget), or pick specific dates (you can choose to use either a daily or lifetime budget).
If you run your campaign continuously, we will run your campaign using the daily budget you designate, starting the next day in UTC. Once the campaign is created, you can always go in to edit it and add a specific end date.
If you pick specific dates, you can choose between entering a daily budget or a lifetime budget (in which case you must select an end date).
Add your ad group budget (this is not the same as your bid). Keep in mind you can’t change your budget type between lifetime and daily budgets after the ad group is created. However, you can have multiple ad groups with different budget types within a single campaign.
Daily budget: You can add a daily budget, which is the most you want to spend per day for each campaign. If you have a strict lifetime budget, you can calculate the appropriate daily budget by dividing your lifetime budget by the number of days you are running the ad group. For example, if you want to spend a max of $100 on this ad group over 5 days, but want a limit per day, then your daily budget should be set at $20 per day.
Lifetime budget: You can select a lifetime budget when creating your ad group, which will require you to specify an end date. This will be the total amount you want to spend between your specified start and end dates. We don’t guarantee even daily delivery with lifetime budgets.
Targeting details must be added to the ad group.
- The default location targeting is for people in your business country. For example, US businesses will see that targeting defaults to all US locations.
- You can choose to target your Promoted Pin to any combination of US, Canada, and UK, at the country level or at the metro level. You can select DMAs in the US (we do not currently have targeting by state), metros in Canada and TV region codes in the UK. Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand do not have more granular location targeting. For a complete list of locations, please see here.
- Defaults to All languages
- You can select specific languages
- Defaults to All devices
- You can select specific devices
- Defaults to All genders
- Unspecified means people didn’t select a gender when they signed up
- Multiple Pins per campaign: Pinterest will optimize to show the best-performing Pins within each campaign more often than the others. Adding multiple Promoted Pins in one campaign also makes it easier to monitor daily budget if you are running many Promoted Pins at once.
- One Pin per campaign: Gives you full control over optimization and testing.
- Naming your Promoted Pin is optional.
- Review the destination URL of your Promoted Pin. You can leave this blank if you want to use the URL saved on the organic instance of this Pin. Putting a value in this field will only change the destination URL for this Promoted Pin, in case you want to add any special tracking parameters. Keep in mind that we don’t support any link shorteners at this time.
Once you click on “Promote Pin,” it will go through our ad review process.
You'll be asked to set up your billing info the first time you promote a Pin. At this time, we accept debit and credit cards from the following countries: US, CA, UK, IE, AU, NZ. We don’t accept prepaid cards or Paypal
To update billing details and see how you’ve been charged, you can visit the Billing dropdown under your profile image in the upper right corner of Ads Manager. You can also go to your billing details directly at ads.pinterest.com/billing.
- It can take up to 24 hours to be reviewed
- We’ll send you an email to the email address on your account and you’ll see a notification on your Ads Manager if your Pin is disapproved
- If you add or edit targeting (interests and/or keywords) or edit your Promoted Pin’s description, it will be re-submitted for review, and it can take up to 24 hours to be looked at again
- If you see a notification that your Promoted Pin was disapproved, look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to find out why
- Review our Advertising Standards to learn about Promoted Pin policies. To appeal an ad disapproval, reach out to our team with the disapproval reason that you received and URLs to your Promoted Pins.
You can edit your campaign name and lifetime spend cap at any time.
There are two ways to do this:
- Open the campaign you want to edit and click Edit campaign in the upper right. Make changes and be sure to save them.
- On the campaign type overview page (e.g. ads.pinterest.com/traffic), hover over the campaign you want to edit and click on the “Edit” button that appears in the row.
You can also pause a campaign at any time. Just click into the campaign you want to pause and click "Edit campaign" in the upper right. Toggle to "Paused" and click Save. Alternatively, on the campaign type overview page, click on the “Pause” button that appears when you hover over the campaign you want to pause. Note that you cannot delete campaigns at this time, but you can pause them to stop them from running.
From the campaign that contains the ad group you want to edit, click on the ad group. Click on Edit ad group in the upper right.
Here you can make changes to your ad group name, budget, end date, targeting details, and bid. You can pause your ad group by toggling the Pause ad group? option to “yes”. Be sure to save your changes.
Note: If you edit targeting, the Promoted Pin(s) in the ad group may go back through the ad review process, which can take up to 24 hours.
- Click through from campaign to ad group)to the Promoted Pin you want to edit , where you can click Edit Promoted Pin in the upper right. You can change your Promoted Pin name, the destination URL of your Promoted Pin, or pause your Pin by toggling Pause Promoted Pin? to “Yes.”
- Note: You can leave the Promoted Pin’s destination URL blank if you want to use the URL saved on the organic instance of this Pin. Putting a value in this field will only change the destination URL for this Promoted Pin, in case you want to add any special tracking parameters. Keep in mind that we don’t support any link shorteners at this time.
To add more Pins to an existing campaign, create a new Promoted Pin through the + button in the upper right corner. From there, select the type of campaign you are running, then select the name of the existing campaign you want to add the new Promoted Pin to. You can only add Pins to campaigns that are currently running.
You can also navigate to the campaign in question and click on the "Create ad" button in the upper right corner.
Now there’s an easy way to create Promoted Pins directly from your profile (currently available only in US, CA, & UK, but will be launching in IE, AU, & NZ soon!). Here’s how you can create campaigns that drive more traffic in just a few steps.
- Choose a Pin from your profile that you’d like to Promote and click the Promote button.
- Make sure the destination URL is for the page you want to drive traffic to.
- Add your daily budget. This is the most you’re willing to pay each day the ad is running.
- Tip: You’ll only pay when someone clicks through to your website from your Promoted Pin. If you want to calculate your lifetime budget, multiply your daily budget by the duration of your campaign and set your campaign duration.
- Add any keywords you want to target. This helps Pinterest show your Promoted Pin in relevant search results, categories and related Pin feeds. You can quickly bulk add keywords by copying and pasting a comma separated list of terms. If it’s your first time creating an ad, you’ll be prompted to set up your billing information.
- Cost per click for your campaign is automatically generated based on how many advertisers are competing for the keywords you're targeting and what they're paying. You can change it in Ads Manager.
- Click Promote to create your ad. It will go out for review, which may take up to 1 business day to complete.
- Review our Ad Standards to make sure your Pins are easily approved.
- You’ll begin to see campaign metrics in the Ads Manager after about 24 hours after your ads is approved.
- This feature is designed for traffic campaigns. You can always pause or edit any of your campaigns using the Ads Manager.
- Campaigns created using this feature will automatically default to targeting all genders, devices and locations within your country. This helps your ad get the most reach. If you want to refine this targeting, edit the new campaign the Traffic Campaign section in Ads Manager.
- Dashboards in the Pinterest Ads Manager are updated every 24 hours, so you’ll always see performance metrics from the day before, but not the day of.
- You can add traffic parameters to your Promoted Pin destination URLs, so you can easily measure the clicks you get from this Pin using third party analytics tools.