What do you think of our help center? Please take a quick survey.
We have some limits in place to stop spammers, but sometimes they hit regular people too. We're working to fix these limits so we stop spammers without affecting real Pinners. We're sorry for any trouble!
- We may have blocked logins from your IP address. This block is meant to stop spam, but sometimes it can affect people in coffee shops or offices where many people log in at the same time. Just wait 5-30 minutes before trying again.
- We may have blocked all logins from your area. We'll do this to stop a known spam attack.
- Log in a lot
- Comment on Pins very quickly (especially if you include a link)
- Post the same comment many times (especially if you include a link)
- Follow lots of people quickly
- Add or like Pins very quickly (especially if you add lots of Pins from the same website)
- Use a link shortener or a redirect, like bit.ly
- Wait 30 minutes to 24 hours before trying again
- Don't use link-shorteners or redirects—Pin from the original source, and if you need to include a link in a comment or description, use the full one
Tips and Troubleshooting
Most limits are removed automatically within 24 hours. This does not include network bot warnings - these will not be removed until the issue is resolved.