- Mobile only. Not desktop or mobile web.
- iOS; iphone and ipad. Android; mobile and tablet.
|File type||.mp4 or .mov|
|Codec||All files should be H.264 encoded|
|Max size||2GB; 30 min|
Square (1:1) – 600 x 600 px
Vertical – 600 x 900 px
|Frame rate||Minimum of 25fps|
Up to 400 characters
*The Pin description will only show up upon closeup
**If your video ran with closed captioning on TV, then it will also need to run with closed captioning on Pinterest. To achieve that, make sure your closed captioning is burned into your video
- Videos should start strong - lead with a clear hook within the first few seconds to capture people's attention as they are in a planning mindset
- Beautiful branding - branded content on Pinterest is credible and actionable. Show your logo or product clearly in the video.
- Play with possibilities - the top 2 ways to show the possibilities of your brand are storytelling videos that captive and how-to content to turn ideas into action
- Show, don’t say - Pinterest is a visual platform - show your brand’s message through motion vs. relying on audio or dialogue
- Recommended video length: 0:15-0:30 seconds. "How-to" content can extend longer.
|Impression||Ad was shown|
|Video View||2 continuous seconds at 50% in view. This does not necessarily have to occur at the first 2 seconds (MRC Standard)|
|Quartile Watched||The number of times a video is watched to 25%, 50%, 75%, 95%, 100% of its length, including watches that skip to this point|
|Video average watch time||Time spent watching the video including seeks and loops aggregated across all video starts (not just MRC views) divided by total video starts|
|CPV (cost per MRC view)||Total spend divided by total MRC Video Views|
|CUR||Closeup Rate (closeups/paid impressions)|
|CPM||Cost per 1,000 impressions|
|Standard Pinterest metrics||Clicks, saves, close ups|
- Upload a video by hovering over the ‘+’ button while on ads.pinterest.com and clicking on upload video. You will need to upload a video before you are able to promote it
- This will take you to the video uploader. The dialogue box will prompt you to choose your video file and upload the video to a specific board. Once the video has been successfully uploaded, check the board to make sure you see it
- Next, create an ad and choose the ‘Build brand awareness through video’ option. Fill in campaign details
- After filling out the campaign information, you will be prompted to fill out the ad group details. Bid guidance is available as well
- Pick your video pin
- [Optional] Name your promoted pin
- To finish, click 'Promote Pin'
Your video may not be encoded correctly. To check, open your video file with your preferred program (e.g Quicktime) and inspect the file format and encoding.
If the codec format/encoding type is not H.264 you will need to re-encode your video file to upload to Pinterest.
No. We serve ads in the most relevant places to people which can include slots lower in the feed.
You will only be allowed to upload videos if your advertiser account has a valid billing profile. You will only be able to upload videos in Ads Manager. (ads.pinterest.com)
You can upload a video through the large, red ‘+’ sign at the top right of the page next to your brand name. From there, you can click ‘upload video’, and click on the second red ‘+’. Clicking the button will take you to your desktop or download folder, where you can choose the .mp4 or .mov file you would like to upload. Ads Manager will provide prompts to save, add descriptions, and destination URLs from there!
You cannot use bulk editor to upload videos, however, you can use it to set up and edit campaigns to then upload video to later.
Your ad takes 12 hours to review and is eligible to serve if approved
Video will have impression, click, and engagement conversion reporting.
- Less than 25% of the video viewed
- At least 25% viewed
- At least 50% viewed
- At least 75% viewed
- 100% complete
You are billed based on an auction CPM model. A CPM model enables you the greatest amount of reach to distribute your message.
No, you can only promote videos directly uploaded to pinterest using the red plus button in your advertiser account. See above for our accepted video specs.
Only advertisers with a valid billing profile can upload video and you can only upload videos in Ads Manager at ads.pinterest.com