Shop the Look Pins
Shop the Look lets people find products right inside fashion and home decor Pins, making it easier for Pinners to bring inspiration to life. Shop the Look Pins have white dots that call out different parts of the look. Pinners can tap the dots to view and shop products featured in the Pin.
If you are a content owner that would like to tag products in your own Pins, you can request access to Shop the Look Pins here. You must have a confirmed website in order to be eligible for Shop the Look Pins.
Now that I have access to tag Shop the Look Pins, how do I get started?
Once your account has access to Shop the Look Pins, you’ll see a ‘Tag’ icon on Pins that link to your confirmed domain. Right now, you’ll only see this icon on desktop. Click the icon to begin tagging products in Pins
How do I tag products to Pins?
- Once you’ve selected a Pin, use your cursor to draw a bounding box around the object you want to tag. This will create the white Shop the Look dot. You can move the placement of the white dot by dragging it within the image to a new destination.
- Select add a Pin.
- Copy and paste a product URL or Pin link into the box and then click Add.
- Choose an image to create the product.
- You can tag multiple products to each dot by going through this flow again.
- When you’re finished adding products to each white dot, click Done.
- When you’re finished tagging products in your Pin, click Save tags before you exit the page or close your window.
Can I tag Pins that are not from my domain?
No, you can only tag images from your confirmed domain. More info on how to confirm your domain here.
Can I tag products that are not from my domain?
Yes, by clicking add a Pin you can paste in a product URL from any domain.
When does content I tag show up to users?
Users on Pinterest will be able to see products you’ve tagged immediately.
When I add products through the [add a Pin] flow, where do those Product Pins live on Pinterest? Are they available to be viewed by the public?
When you paste in a product URL via the [add a Pin] flow, you’ll create a Product Pin that will live on a protected board. Only you can view your protected boards, and they are not visible on your profile to other Pinners. You can access a protected board by scrolling down to the bottom of your profile (underneath Secret Boards). To view your Shop the Look Product Pins, you can type in pinterest.com/[your_pinterest_username]/products-you-tagged/
Can I move or edit the white dot placement?
Yes, when drawing the bounding box around objects, you can move the white dot placement; and after you’ve tagged your Pins you can always go back and edit or add product links by going through the tagging flow again.
Can I tag products with affiliate links?
Yes, in the [add a Pin] tagging flow, you can add in affiliate tracking parameters to your product links.
Can I use URL shorteners when tagging products through the [add a Pin] flow?
URL shorteners are currently not supported.
Got feedback for us?
If you’re already tagging your own Shop the Look Pins, we’d love to hear how it’s going.