Conversion Insights is currently only available on desktop and mobile web for users in the Verified Merchant Program and Shopify merchants who have integrated the Pinterest app.
Conversion Insights is a reporting page that allows you to measure the impact of your Pins and ads on your site traffic and online checkouts.
You can find ad specific metrics such as return on ad spend (ROAS) or click per action (CPA) in Reporting.
- Log in to your Pinterest business account or go to your analytics page
- Click Analytics in the top-left corner
- Click Conversion Insights
On the left side of the page, you will see “Attribution window” and “Date”.
Your attribution window refers to a defined number of days from when a user views, engages with, or clicks on your Pin before buying something on your site.
A longer conversion window setting is ideal for businesses that sell products that customers aren't buying impulsively and take longer to decide on, like furniture.
Keep in mind:
- By default, your attribution window is set to the same as your conversion settings reporting preference in Ads Manager.
- If you have multiple ad accounts in Ads Manager, we default to the ad account currently signed in.
- If you haven’t selected an attribution window in Ads Manager, we will show data for 1-day view, 30-day engagement, and 30-day click, meaning you see actions that happened one day after someone viewed your Pin and 30 days after someone engaged with or clicked your Pin.
You can change the attribution window at any time to show 1-day, 7-day and 30-day view and click attribution by clicking on the drop-down. If your conversion settings reporting preference in Ads Manager includes a 60-day window, we'll default to the next closest window.
For example, if you want to see the purchases that happened after someone viewed, engaged or clicked your Pin in the last 30 days, you could select a 30-day view, 30-day engagement and 30-day click attribution window. That way, you can see if people are taking action after seeing, engaging or clicking on your Pin.
If you click “Set as a default for this advertiser account”, your preference is saved to Conversion Insights in both Analytics and Ads Manager for the advertiser account currently logged in.
The date range can be customized to view metrics and the graph for the selected period of time. The earliest date available will be February 7, 2020, depending on when you’re approved to be in the Verified Merchant Program and when your tag is installed and functioning properly. If you’re a Shopify merchant, it depends on when you’ve integrated the Pinterest app.
Conversion Insights provides the following metrics:
- Total revenue influenced by your Pins and ads
- Total number of checkouts stemming from your Pins and ads
- Average order value of checkouts stemming from your Pins and ads
- Total number of purchasers stemming from interaction with your Pins and ads
- Total number of site visits by people who first saw, clicked or engaged with your content on Pinterest
- Total impressions on all your Pins and ads
- Total engagements on all your Pins and ads
- Total link clicks on all your Pins and ads
If you want to view total impressions, engagement, and audience metrics, go to Analytics Overview.
If you want to view ad specific metrics such as return on ad spend (ROAS) or click per action (CPA), go to Reporting.
- It takes us a few days to build this report. If you don’t see data, please check back the next day.
- Your tag may not be working. All tags have to be functioning on all advertiser accounts linked to your business account. You can only get data starting from the date your tag is working properly. Note that it might take up to 7 days for tag errors to update when they’re fixed. Learn how to check your Pinterest Tag is working correctly.
- You can only see data starting on the day you’re accepted into the Verified Merchant Program and if you’re a Shopify merchant, starting on the day you integrate the Pinterest app. You can’t see data from before this date.
Differences with ads reporting
Conversion Insights doesn’t match with ads reporting because Conversion Insights shows the total checkouts influenced by both your organic Pins and paid ads.
Adding up the conversion data in multiple ad accounts won't equal the Conversion Insights data because:
- Different attribution windows are set on different ad accounts.
- Conversion Insights uses a last-touch model and gives insights based on the last Pin a user engaged with before checking out, whether it was an organic Pin or an ad.
Differences with third-party source data
Conversion Insights data won’t match third-party sources such as Google Analytics and Omniture as they can’t see people’s activity on Pinterest, like what users are seeing and how they’re engaging with your Pins and ads.
These platforms also default to a last-click model, which credits only the last source a user was on before making a purchase.
For example, someone might see and engage with your Pin or ad on Pinterest without buying anything. A week later, they might see your ad again on another publisher or search platform, leading to a site visit and conversion. In this case, the third-party sources assign 100% credit to the second publisher and don’t take the first viewing or engagement of the Pin or ad on Pinterest into account.
- Organic Pins
- Pinterest and your website