Conversion Insights is a reporting page that lets you measure the total impact of your organic Pins, which are not ads, and your ads on your site traffic and online checkouts. It's available to all advertisers with healthy Pinterest tags.
You can find ad specific metrics such as return on ad spend (ROAS) or cost per action (CPA) in Reporting.
Set your attribution window
Your attribution window refers to a defined number of days from when a user views, engages with, or clicks on your Pin before buying something on your site.
A longer conversion window setting is ideal for businesses that sell products that customers are not buying impulsively and take longer to decide on, like furniture.
Keep in mind:
- By default, your attribution window is set to the same as your conversion settings reporting preference in Ads Manager. If your conversion settings reporting preference includes a 60-day window, we'll default to the next closest window as a 60-day reporting window is not available in Conversion Insights.
- If you have multiple ad accounts in Ads Manager, we default to the ad account currently signed in.
- If you have not selected an attribution window in Ads Manager, we'll show data for 1-day view, 30-day engagement, and 30-day click. This means you'll see actions that happened one day after someone viewed your Pin and 30 days after someone engaged with or clicked your Pin.
You can change the attribution window at any time to show 1-day, 7-day and 30-day view and click attribution by clicking the directional chevron down icon below Attribution window on the left-side menu.
For example, if you want to see the purchases that happened after someone viewed, engaged or clicked your Pin in the last 30 days, you could select a 30-day view, 30-day engagement and 30-day click attribution window. That way, you can see if people are taking action after seeing, engaging or clicking on your Pin.
If you click Set as a default for this advertiser account, your preference is saved to Conversion Insights in both Analytics and Ads Manager for the advertiser account currently logged in.
View stats by conversion content type
Click the directional chevron down icon next to the drop-down menu below Conversion content from the left-side navigation to see stats based on whether people interacted with only your organic content, only paid content, or both types on the path to conversion.
Organic conversion: Pinners interacted with only your organic Pins
Paid unassisted: Pinners interacted with only your ads
Paid assisted: Pinners interacted with both ads and organic Pins
Note: Conversion stats from people who interact with your ads include any downstream activity that occurs on your ads, known as earned metrics.
Filter your data
You can filter your data by:
- Date range: View stats about traffic during a particular period of time. The earliest date available will be February 7, 2020, depending on when you’re approved to be in the Verified Merchant Program and when your tag is installed and functioning properly. If you’re a Shopify merchant, it depends on when you’ve integrated the Pinterest app.
- Attribution action: View stats by the type of Pin interaction that led to a conversion.
- Claimed account: View stats for Pins linked to your claimed accounts.
- Device: See stats for the different devices your traffic is coming from.
- Source: See stats for Pins created and saved by you as well as for Pins created and saved by others from your claimed accounts.
- Format: See stats for different Pin types your traffic is coming from.
Split your data by paid and organic content
Click the directional chevron down icon next to the drop-down menu below Split by paid and organic. Select Revenue, Checkouts, Add to cart, Average order value or Page visits to view how many conversions are being driven by paid unassisted content, paid assisted content and organic content.
For example, if paid assisted content is the largest category, this means both your ads and organic Pins are working together to drive conversions.
View your performance over time
Click the directional chevron down icon next to the drop-down menu below Performance over time to view metrics on the graph and click the plus circle icon to compare two metrics on the graph:
- Revenue: Total revenue influenced by your Pins and ads
- Checkouts: Number of checkouts stemming from your Pins and ads
- Average order value: Average value of checkouts stemming from your Pins and ads
- Purchasers: Number of purchasers stemming from interaction with your Pins and ads
- Page visits: Number of times people visited your website after seeing your content on Pinterest
- Add to cart: Number of times people added your products to their carts after interacting with your Pins
- Impressions: Number of times your Pins were shown to people
- Clicks: Number of times people clicked your Pin to a destination on or off Pinterest
- Saves: Number of times people saved your Pins to a board
The graph lets you compare different metrics over the same timeframe. For example, you can compare the number of organic checkouts to the paid assisted checkouts during the same timeframe.
You can also split any metric by attributed action, conversion content, claimed account, device, source or format by clicking the directional chevron down iconthe directional chevron down icon next to Split by above the graph.
If you want to view total impressions, engagement, and audience metrics, go to Analytics.
If you want to view ad specific metrics such as return on ad spend (ROAS) or cost per action (CPA), go to Reporting.
Track your activity funnel
Use the activity funnel to track how your Pinterest audience converted on the path to purchasing within your selected attribution window.
Total audience: The total number of people who have seen or engaged with your Pins
Purchasers: The total number of people who completed a checkout on your site after interacting with your Pins
Purchase rate: The percent of your total audience on Pinterest that completed a checkout on your site
Page visitors: The total number of people who visited your site after interacting with your Pins
Users who added to cart: The total number of people who added to their cart on your site after interacting with your Pins
View top converting Pins
View top Pins that led to conversions. Click the directional chevron down icon next to the drop-down menu below Top converting Pins to sort this list by checkouts, page visits or add to cart.
This gives you an idea of which top converting organic Pins you can promote to increase your conversions.
- It takes us a few days to build this report. If you don’t see data, please check back the next day.
- Your tag may not be working. All tags have to be functioning on all advertiser accounts linked to your business account. You can only get data starting from the date your tag is working properly. Note that it might take up to 7 days for tag errors to update when they’re fixed. Learn how to check your Pinterest Tag is working correctly.
- You can only see data starting on the day you’re accepted into the Verified Merchant Program and if you’re a Shopify merchant, starting on the day you integrate the Pinterest app. You can’t see data from before this date.