A carousel is a Pin with multiple images. Carousels are a great way to showcase different features of a product, advertise multiple products at once, or tell your brand story in chapters.
People see the carousel in their home feed just like any other Pin. They can swipe through the different images (or cards) directly from the feed. Or, they can tap on the Carousel and swipe through each card and its corresponding site, essentially swiping through the different landing pages. When someone saves a Carousel, they save the entire Pin including all the cards within it.
Create a carousel
Anyone with a business account who’s in an ad market can create a Carousel.
- From your Pinterest business account, click Ads in the top-left corner and select Create ad
- Choose a Campaign objective and add your Campaign details (campaign name and daily and lifetime spend limit, or leave the field blank if you don’t want to promote the carousel)
- Click Continue
- Add your Ad group details, Targeting and Bid (if you’re promoting it)
- Under Ads at the bottom, click the filter icon to the right of the search bar and select Carousel
- The Pins shown in the “All Pins” tab are eligible to use in a Carousel
- Click Create Carousel
- You can also choose a carousel you’ve already created
- Upload or select 2-5 images for your Carousel in the order you want them to appear
- At this time only static images can be used in a Carousel, and the aspect ratio must be either 1:1 (square) or 2:3 (vertical)
- Add a title, description and destination URL
- If you want each card to have a different description, turn off “Apply Text to all”
- Each card can link to the same or different webpage
- Select a board for the carousel
- Click Review Ad
Note: If you do promote the Carousel, the charges for impression of the Pin will be as one entity, not per swipe. Reporting will also represent the Pin as a single one and not reflect engagement with each card.
Create a carousel with Bulk Editor
- From your Pinterest business account, click Ads in the top-left corner and select Bulk editor
- Click Download sample sheet
- Enter CAROUSEL as the creative type
- Click Choose images and add 2-5 images for your carousel
- Fill out the required Carousel specific fields: Image file name, title, description, organic Pin URL, and destination URL
- Don't fill out the Ads columns
- Click Process
Other articlesSkip Other articles Links
- Create and edit ads with Bulk Editor
- Create and edit ads with Ads Manager
- About Ads