What are product groups?
Product groups allow you to filter and organize your product Pins into groups. Creating these groups improves the likelihood of your products being shown in the right situation. Though not all product groups need to be promoted, creating product groups is a necessary step for creating Shopping Ads.
Data source definitions you can use to filter product groups are: category (Google product category), product type, brand, and custom labels.
Creating product groups
- After successful data source processing, navigate to the “Ads” dropdown and select “Catalogs”
- Select “Product Groups” and click the “Create” button
- Name your product group
- Filter products by selecting options under “Category” and “Product Type” dropdowns (no selection limit for either)
- Total number of products in Product Group and date of last update can be seen in the main UI
- To view selected categories/product types click the ‘filter’ icon
- To edit Product groups click the ‘pencil’ icon
Product group best practices
Name your product groups based on the filters selected to easily identify the setup for that product group. E.g. If you are selecting “Dresses” Product type and custom label “Bestsellers”, name your product group “Bestselling dresses”
Group similar products together by category first, then layer on custom labels and brand as needed. Make sure you are creating product groups using filters that will be always present in your data source. If the filters you have applied to a product group is not sent in the data source, that existing product group will have a product count of 0.
- Advertising basics
- Create ads with Bulk Editor
- Reporting & measurement
- Create ads with Ads Manager
- Manage your Promoted Pins