Idea ads are designed to tell a story that inspires your audience and encourages action. As people on Pinterest see and engage with your Idea ads, they have the option to follow your account, save the Pin and visit the destination URL provided by you.
Idea ads may be created and promoted by a business, or they may be created by a creator and promoted by a business via a
We recommend brands only promote Pins with music from our music library. All music is subject to licensing requirements regardless of how the music is added. See all other reasons
If the paid partnership is removed from an Idea ad, the ad will be set to Archive in Ads Manager.
- Use the Pinterest app or your desktop to create a Pin.
- Use the Pinterest app to select more than one image or video (this feature isn't available on desktop). Multiple images and videos will be stitched together into a single video Pin.
- Once your Pin is created, click
the hamburger iconat the top-left of the page.
- Under Ads, click Create campaign.
- Click Manual Campaign, then Get Started.
- Enter your campaign details and click Continue.
- Enter your Ad group details.
- In the Ads section, choose the Select Pins option.
- Select the Pin you created earlier.
- Enter an Ad name, Destination URL, and optional tracking URL.
- Preview your ad.
- Click Publish.
- Log in to your Pinterest business account on desktop
the hamburger iconat the top-left of the page
- Under Ads, click Create campaign
- Click Manual Campaign, then Get Started
- Enter your campaign details and click Continue
- Enter your Ad group details
- In the Ads section, choose the Create Idea Ad option
- Create your Idea ad
- Enter an Ad name, Destination URL, and optional tracking URL
- Preview your ad
- Click Publish
Note: Any drafts created in Ads Manager will be available in the Idea Ads Builder. Drafts will expire after 30 days.
For detailed guidelines on file sizes, image dimensions and more, review our
Idea ads with paid partnerships are ads that include creator produced content denoting a paid partnership between the creator and the business.
Creators can tag a business that sponsors them to create a Pin with paid partnership. The business can then promote this Pin to create an Idea ad with paid partnership.
When the Idea ad is published:
Before an advertiser can create an Idea ad, a creator must tag the advertiser as a business partner. Once the business has been tagged, they will be notified via email. The email will be sent to the email address associated with the account.
Once the paid partnership relationship has been established, the brand can promote the Pin with paid partnership via Ads Manager or the Ads API.
Eligible Pins will show up under the Paid partnership tab on the ad selection page in Ads manager. Pins that contain mentions and/or affiliate links are currently not eligible for promotion.
Advertisers can check and test their Idea ads with paid partnership through Pin preview.
Branded Pin Management
The Branded Pin management tool within Business hub allows advertisers to efficiently manage their paid partnership requests and more easily promote creator led content. The tool provides a centralized location to approve, decline and take action on paid partnership requests.
The Branded Pin management tool is available in all countries that allow Pinterest Ads. You can access the tool from a paid partnership request email, notification or through the widget in Business hub. Any advertiser that has been tagged in a paid partnership request at least once will see the widget in Business hub.