The base code is the foundation of the Pinterest tag. It needs to be added to every page of your website. in order for event codes to function and to build audience data from all the traffic on your site.
Add the Pinterest tag to your website
- Log in to your Pinterest business account and open Ads manager.
- Generate your Pinterest tag
- When you generate your tag, we'll provide the base code for you. Click Copy code to copy the base code to your clipboard.
- Want to use enhanced match? Replace <user_email_address> in the base code with your specific information. If not, don't make any changes to the base code.
- Paste the base code in the global header of your website between the <head> and </head> tags so that it fires on every page.
What is enhanced match?
You can add enhanced match to see more conversions by tracking website actions when there's no Pinterest cookie present. Enhanced match sends back secure, hashed email addresses with your conversions.
What's the next step?
- Add your event codes
- Base code
- Enhanced match
- Event code
- Event code examples
- Examples of combined base and event codes
- IMG tag
- Install the base code
- Pinterest tag helper Chrome extension
- Pinterest tag parameters and cookies
- Set up the Pinterest tag
- Track conversions with Pinterest tag
- Verify the Pinterest tag
- See more
- Third-party tracking