After creating a campaign and ad group in Ads Manager, you will select Pins to promote. Promoted Pins are the ads that will show to your targeted audience on Pinterest. You can create new Pins or promote Pins you've saved before.
Promote saved Pins
- From the "Add Pins to your ad group" page, click on the Pin you want to promote. It will be circled in your view and you’ll see the number of selected Pins go up.
- You can see all of your pins while scrolling through the "All Pins" tab, sorted by most recently added or by most recently promoted Pins. Alternatively, you can toggle to the "Boards" tab and select Pins by going through the boards on your profile. Click into the search bar to search for a specific Pin.
- Click Review ads.
- Edit the ad name and destination URL for each Pin or remove them from the ad group by clicking Remove from ad group.
- Click Launch.
Create Pins to promote
- From the "Add Pins to your ad group" page, click Create Pin
- Click to add an image
- Add a title, Pin description, and destination URL
- Choose a board to save the Pin to
- Click on the Pin
- Click Review ads
- Review the ad name and destination URL for each Pin or remove them from the ad group by clicking Remove from ad group
- Click Launch
The number of Pins you add to your ad group depends on how you want to organize and optimize your ads. If you select multiple Pins per ad group, Pinterest will optimize to show the best-performing Pins within each ad group more often than the others. Selecting one Pin per ad group gives you full control over the optimization and testing.
Explore more detailed information on our product specs to help you decide which Pins to promote.
Make sure your selected Pins fit the following criteria before promoting them:
- Saved to your own profile
- Not saved to secret boards
- Have destination URLs
- Do not have link shorteners in the destination URL or description
- Not third party videos or GIFs
- Follow our Ad Standards
The Promoted Pin name will be the reporting name associated with your ad. Also note that changing the destination URL on a Promoted Pin will not change the destination URL of the organic Pin.
Once you click on Launch campaign, your Pins will go through our ad review process to make sure they follow our advertising guidelines.
- Advertising basics
- Create ads with Bulk Editor
- Reporting & measurement
- Create ads with Ads Manager
- Manage your Promoted Pins