Product groups are a way to group similar Pins together. To promote your products, you have to group them into product groups.
Data source definitions you can use to filter product groups are: category (Google product category), product type, brand, and custom labels.
How to create product groups
- After adding a data source, go to the "Ads" dropdown and select Catalogs
- Select Product Groups and click Create
- Filter products by selecting options under the “Category” and “Product Type” dropdowns (you can select as many as you want in either dropdown)
- Tip: If you want to see the total number of products in each product group and when they were last updated, look in the "Product Group" tab in Catalogs
- When you're ready, give the filters a name and save the product group.
- Click to see the filters applied to the product group.
Manage your product groups
- To view selected filters applied to the product group, click
- Click to edit the product group
Product group best practices
Name your product groups based on the filters selected to easily identify the setup for that product group. E.g. If you are selecting “Dresses” Product type and custom label “Bestsellers”, name your product group “Bestselling dresses”.
Group similar products together by category first, then add custom labels and brand as needed. Make sure you create product groups using filters that will be always present in your data source. If the filters you applied to a product group are not sent in the data source, that existing product group will have a product count of 0.
Auto created product groups
In addition to the product groups you create, Pinterest may also automatically generate some product groups as suggestions on your behalf. These product groups will say "Auto created for you" next to the product group name. You may feature these product groups on your business profile or promote them through Shopping Ads the same as you would with a manually created product group. You may also ignore these suggestions if they're not valuable or relevant to your business.
At the moment, the set of automatically created product groups is limited to the following 6. Note that for each product group (except All Products) we limit the result set to only 1,000 products. These groups are updated offline on a daily basis.
|All Products||Consists of every product in your latest successful feed upload.|
|Bestsellers||If you have the Conversion Tag installed, we look for the products with the highest conversion rate and create a product group of those specific products.|
|Back in Stock||Looking at how your feed changes from one day to the next, we determine which products were previously Out of Stock and are now In-Stock. This group consists of those products.|
|Best Deals||Looking at the sales_price field and comparing it to the price field, we calculate the products with the deepest drop in price (%) and create a group based on those products.|
|New Arrivals||Consists of products new to your Catalog.|
|Pinner Favorites||These are calculated based on Pinner engagement (ads + organic) to determine which products are resonating most Pinners.|
Feature product groups on your business profile
At the top of the product groups page in Catalogs, there is a section for featured product groups. You can select up to 8 product groups to feature on your business profile by selecting the start next to each product group name.
Other articlesSkip Other articles Links
- 1 - Get your products on Pinterest
- 2 - Ingest your data source
- 3 - Create product groups
- 4 - Promote your products
- 5 - Measure and improve shopping ads
- Shopping partner integrations
- Verified Merchant Program