Rich Pins are a type of organic Pin that automatically sync information from your website to your Pins.You can identify Rich Pins by the extra information above and below the image on closeup and the bold title in your feed. If something changes on the original website, the Rich Pin updates to reflect that change.
Rich Pins are a free product available for anyone on Pinterest.
Types of Rich Pins
- Product Rich Pins include the most up-to-date pricing, availability, and product information right on your Pin.
- Recipe Rich Pins add a title, serving size, cook time, ratings, diet preference and a list of ingredients to recipes that you Pin from your site.
- Article Rich Pins add the headline or title, the description, and the author of the article or blog post from your site.
Note: Article Rich Pins and recipe Rich Pins will automatically update to reflect any edits you may make on your site. If you’re in the U.S. and U.K., we’ll only show information about your product Rich Pin if you’re on our list of merchants and if the product is in stock.
Apply for Rich Pins
You need to apply for Rich Pins before you can start using them. This is to make sure that your data will sync properly.
- If you have product, article or recipe content on your site, you’ll need to add rich meta tags to those webpages.
- After adding meta tags to your web pages, validate one of your correctly marked-up content pages in the Rich Pins Validator
- If the webpage you are applying with is correctly marked-up, you’ll see an approval message
Once you apply, we’ll process your application within 24 hours.
When your site is approved, all content from webpages that have the correct meta tags will appear as Rich Pins when you create a new Pin. Existing Pins that link back to pages with rich meta tags will now appear as Rich Pins.
Remove Rich Pin data
If you want to remove Rich Pin data from a content page, simply add this tag to the header of your page before the closing body tag:
<meta name="pinterest-rich-pin" content="false" />
The tag will override the Rich Pin meta tags on that page only. All other pages on your site will remain unaffected unless you add the tag to those individual pages. If you ever want to turn Rich Pins back on, remove this tag.