How the tag works
The Pinterest tag tracks actions people take on your website after they view your ads. Install the Pinterest tag on your site to get audience insights and measure your return on ad spend (RoAS).
When you add the Pinterest tag to your website, you can learn which ads lead to more conversions and how people engage with your website. If you use the Pinterest tag, you need to disclose your use of conversion tracking on your website, as described in our Advertising guidelines.
Choose how to install the tag
- Install the Pinterest tag yourself- You'll need to get into your website's HTML to place the base code and event code.
- Use a tag manager or platform integration (you may already be working with one!)
Tag managers and platforms
- Add your event codes
- Base code
- Enhanced match
- Event code
- Event code examples
- Examples of combined base and event codes
- IMG tag
- Install the base code
- Pinterest Tag Helper Chrome extension
- Pinterest tag parameters and cookies
- Set up the Pinterest tag
- Track conversions with Pinterest tag
- Verify the Pinterest tag
- See more
- Third-party tracking