What is Shopping on Pinterest?
Pinners already come to Pinterest for ideas, now they can turn those ideas into action by shopping on Pinterest as well. We are making Pinterest more shoppable for Pinners, but we are also making it easier for advertisers to tap into Shopping on Pinterest. We define shopping on Pinterest as any experience where we connect Pinners to product Pins that link to product pages, allowing Pinners to make a purchase.
There are a few components to Shopping on Pinterest:
- Pinterest Catalogs: Where you upload feeds of your products to create product Pins at scale
- Product Groups: Where you group your products together.
- Shopping Ads: Where you can promote your product groups to gain increased distribution.
We recommend advertisers run Shopping Ads to take full advantage of the Shopping opportunity on Pinterest. If you meet the following conditions, Shopping Ads may be a good solution for you:
- Have claimed your website on Pinterest.
- Are able to host and send a data source of your products to Pinterest consistently.
To get started, first set up your product feed within Catalogs. If you don’t meet the above conditions, no need to worry! You can learn more about other ways to promote your content to help Pinners find your products.
- Advertising basics
- Create ads with Bulk Editor
- Reporting & measurement
- Create ads with Ads Manager
- Manage your Promoted Pins