The Verified Merchant Program (or VMP) helps people on Pinterest discover and buy from vetted brands. As a verified merchant, your Pins may appear organically to people who are searching for products and shopping on Pinterest. To become a verified merchant, you need to have an active catalog, a functioning tag, and meet our Merchant guidelines.
You can check the status of your application at any time on the Verified Merchant Program application page.
Verified merchant benefits
- Eligibility for distribution of your products within our shopping experiences
- A blue checkmark on your profile and Pins letting people on Pinterest know you’ve been vetted
- Price and availability information on all your product Pins
- A Shop tab on your profile making it easier for people on Pinterest to see what you sell
Here’s what you need to do to become verified:
1. Meet our Merchant Guidelines
When you upload your catalog to Pinterest, we’ll review your website and products to make sure that you’re meeting our Merchant guidelines. If you do not meet these guidelines, you will be notified within the Verified Merchant Program application page. This means that your product Pins from your catalog will not be published on Pinterest and you will not be able to promote those products. You can appeal this decision from the Verified Merchant Program application page.
2. Connect your catalog
Get all of your products on Pinterest by connecting your catalog. Once connected, your product Pins will have the most up-to-date price and product information. At least 50% of your products have to be ingested successfully to be VMP eligible. If your products are not ingested successfully, check the Catalogs section of Ads Manager to view and fix issues.
Note: we’ll check the health of your feeds in markets where the VMP is available.
If you do not want to connect your catalog yourself, you can use any of the following catalog managers:
3. Install the Pinterest tag
Measure the impact Pinterest is having on your business by installing the Pinterest tag. If your tag is not set up successfully, check the Tag health page of Ads Manager to see what’s wrong and how to fix it. It may take up to seven days to verify the health of a tag that was previously unhealthy.
Your tag needs to be set up so that it tracks key conversion events and returns high-quality data on shopping-related events. To be included in the Verified Merchant Program, please make sure:
- Your tag fires whenever a PageVisit, AddToCart or Checkout event occurs
- Your tag fires at least one PageVisit, AddToCart and Checkout event every seven days
- Your Checkout events have parsable, positive $ values with valid currency code
- Your product IDs sent in each of your tag events match product IDs in your catalog
If you do not want to install the Pinterest tag yourself, you can use any of the following tag managers:
- Google Tag Manager
- WordPress via PixelYourSite
- WooCommerce via PixelYourSite
- Weebly (Log into Weebly for instructions)
- Magento via Apptrian
Note: make sure you select a tag manager that lets you consistently meet the tag requirements listed above.
Reasons for suspension from the program
There are two main reasons for VMP suspension: issues with catalog uploads and malfunctioning tags. If your catalog was not uploaded correctly or your tag is not functioning correctly, you’ll be alerted on the Verified Merchant Program application page, your business hub as well as via email. Once alerted, you’ll have 30 days to fix your catalog or tag. If your catalog or tag are not fixed in 30 days, you may be suspended from the program. If you resolve the issue after being suspended, you will be automatically re-enrolled in the program.
Ready to become a verified merchant?
If you’re a merchant in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the UK or the US, apply to join the Verified Merchant Program.
If you’re not based in these countries, stay tuned! You’ll be able to apply soon.