The Verified Merchant Program helps people on Pinterest discover and buy from vetted brands. If you’re accepted into the program, your Pins may appear organically to people who are searching for products and shopping on Pinterest.
Verified merchant benefits
- Eligibility for distribution of your products within our shopping experiences
- An exclusive badge on your profile and Pins letting people on Pinterest know you’ve been vetted
- Price and availability information on all your product Pins
- A Shop tab on your profile making it easier for people on Pinterest to see what you sell
- Early access to our Conversion Insights tool which measures the total sales impact of your paid and organic Pins
Here’s what you need to do before applying:
1. Connect your catalog
Get all of your products on Pinterest by connecting your product feed so your product Pins have the most up-to-date price and product information. At least 50% of your products have to be ingested successfully.
If you don’t want to connect your catalog yourself, you can use any of the following catalog management providers:
2. Install the Pinterest tag
Measure the impact Pinterest is having on your business, by installing the Pinterest tag.
If you don’t want to install the Pinterest tag yourself, you can use any of the following tag managers:
Ensighten (Log in to Ensighten for instructions)
Magento via Apptrian Plugin
Your tag needs to be set up so that it tracks key conversion events and returns high-quality data on shopping-related events. To be included in the Verified Merchant Program, please make sure:
Your tag fires whenever a Page Visit, Add to Cart or Checkout event occurs
Your tag fires at least one Page Visit, Add to Cart and Checkout event every 7 days
Your checkout events have parsable, positive $ values with valid currency code
Your product IDs sent in each of your tag events match product IDs in your catalog
It may take up to 7 days to verify the health of a tag that was previously unhealthy.
3. Meet our Merchant Guidelines
To verify your account, we look to make sure that you have clearly-stated policies, don’t sell prohibited products, and aren’t a spammer or drop-shipper. You can read all of our Merchant Guidelines here.
Any verified merchant who doesn’t have an active catalog or functioning tag will have 30 days to meet requirements before being removed from the program. Merchants who don’t meet our Merchant Guidelines will be removed immediately.
- 1 - Get your products on Pinterest
- 2 - Ingest your data source
- 3 - Create product groups
- 4 - Promote your products
- 5 - Measure and improve shopping ads
- Shopping partner integrations
- Verified Merchant Program