Conversions campaigns help you drive actions on your website, tracked by the Pinterest tag. Conversions campaigns can be used to target Checkout, Signup, Lead, or Add to Cart events. Choose what kind of conversions you’d like to drive, enter your target average CPA and budget, and we'll optimize your spend accordingly.
Prepare for your Conversions campaign
Follow the required steps below to start running a Conversions campaign:
- Begin by placing the Pinterest tag on your website
- Make sure that you are tracking at least one of the following supported events: Checkout, Add to Cart, Signup or Lead
- Once one successful event fires, you're ready to create a Conversions campaign.
If your campaign has stopped running make sure the Pinterest Tag is functioning properly and your CPA goal is high enough for your ads to run.
Once you create a Conversions campaign, we show the ads to different types of people to learn who is most likely to convert. This initial process is called the Learning Mode. During this phase, your campaign may experience some performance fluctuations.
Once Learning Mode is complete and we have enough data, we show your ads to the people most likely to convert. At this point, your campaign’s performance should stabilize and you can make changes. We don’t recommend making changes to your Conversions campaign until after Learning Mode is complete so that it doesn’t reset and take longer.
For an optimized campaign, we suggest that you don’t make more than 2 rounds of changes per week. Allow 3-5 days for the campaign to recalibrate, learn, and adjust after each change so that we can deliver the best results. You’ll get a better idea of true campaign performance if you assess weekly or monthly rather than daily.
Create a Conversions campaign
Set up a Conversions campaign in Ads Manager
Start by creating a campaign.
Select Conversions for your campaign objective. If it’s greyed out, you haven’t met the requirements.
Fill in your campaign details then click Continue to set up your ad group.
In the "Optimization and delivery" section, fill out these campaign optimization fields: Pinterest tag, Conversion event, Attribution window, and Target average CPA.
Finish setting up your ad group then click Ads in the left hand menu or scroll down to select Pins for your ad group.
Set up a Conversions campaign in Bulk Editor
Begin by creating a new Bulk Editor campaign or cloning an existing campaign. The conversion optimization-specific fields will be the following columns:
Follow the original Bulk Editor setup, but fill in these specific conversion optimization fields: , , , , and .
- Use as few campaigns and ad groups as possible to simplify the structure and provide clearer results.
- When creating your ad groups, keep targeting as broad as possible to ensure you're getting your ads in front of as many people as possible who are likely to convert.
- Use creative content in your ads that encourages people to take action on your website rather than content that aims to build brand awareness.
- Create and edit ads with Bulk Editor
- Create and edit ads with Ads Manager
- About Promoted Pins